Selling a farm or ranch can create significant tax consequences. Careful planning in advance of a sale is critical to effectively preserving it’s value. We take a comprehensive, team approach in helping you plan for the sale of your farm or ranch and your life afterwards.
We use powerful financial and estate planning tools including the IRC Section 1031 Exchange, IRC Section 664 Charitable Remainder Trust, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust, Credit Shelter Trust and more to effectively preserve the value of your property. Using these and other financial strategies, we may be able to help you:
- save nearly all the income tax on the sale
- minimize or avoid estate taxes and probate costs
- create a stable and higher income for you and your family
- leave a larger estate for your heirs
- make a significant contribution to charitable organizations you care deeply about
Having grown up working on ranches in central Montana and as a financial advisor for agricultural families for the past 20 years, I understand the issues involved in operating and selling a ranch. Through our team planning approach, we can help you preserve the wealth you and your family have worked so hard to create and generate a secure, passive income for retirement.
To read educational Wealth Guides related to planning for the sale of a farm or ranch, click here